We are offering kits for use at home and at larger events on these topics:
- Funding Social Care: Social care is in crisis. Funding is a critical part of that crisis. We have collectively to agree what level of social care to fund, and how to raise the money. We invite you to take part in the conversation.
- Citizens Income: A Citizen’s Basic Income (CBI), also known as a Basic Income (BI) or a Universal Basic Income (UBI) is where the government gives each of its citizens an income, with no strings attached.
- Climate Walk is a thought experiment as we walk, in groups of 4-6 people, along a timeline from now until 2100. At each stop we make choices or throw a dice. By the end we’ll better understand the impact of our choices.
- Driverless Cars: Driverless cars are coming down the road. But do we want them? If so, how safe do we want them to be? What do we want to happen to say car ownership and public transport? We believe that we should all be able to have our say on such questions.
- How Should Britain Be Run?: The way we allow politicians to make important decisions is being questioned from all sides. Our kit looks at issues like how to give citizens more influence, and how to stop short term thinking; and then moves on to suggest some of the many possible improvements that are bubbling up.
- Inter-Generational Justice: Are Baby Boomers letting down Millennials? Are Millennials’ expectations too high? Does inter-generational fairness matter and if so what do we need to do to create it?
- Local Climate Solutions: Declaring a climate emergency is a great first step – but a first step is all that it is. We in Talk Shop know from personal experience that working out how to implement it can be very hard. Who do you start with? What do you actually do?
- New Local Politics: If we are to work out how to do local politics differently in the UK, shouldn’t we draw on some of the best examples from around the world?